Écrire une réponse

November 16, 2017 9:01 am

Inscrit: November 7, 2017
Messages: 1
Réputation: 0

PhD student / doctorand

I wonder about the spelling of the word "doctoral student". I recently visited Belgian and Canadian sites that spelled "doctoranD".
In my usual dictionary, only the graph with "t" is mentioned. I concluded that it was probably a layer of English.
However, this sentence from the Wikipedia article calls me: "[...] We also meet the form" doctorand, doctorande ", in principle more consistent with the etymology, but quite rare in use. "
In what way is "doctoranD" more in line with etymology than "doctoranT", if the word doctorat comes from the Latin "doctoraTus"?
I did not find an article on this word in the TLFI.
Is there an error in the Wikipedia article?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
http://www.languefrancaise.net/forum/vi … hp?id=4577

product launch


    • Actions
    • Top