The Sixth SIAM Workshop on Combinatorial Scientific Computing will take place on July 21-23, 2014 at the LIP . The CSC14 Workshop's focus is on combinatorial mathematics and algorithms in high performance computing, broadly interpreted. The workshop will feature three invited talks, a number of contributed talks, and a poster session.More information on the following link: http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/bora.ucar/CSC14/csc14.html
General Presentation of the LIP
The Computer Science Lab gathers 51 permanent faculties and researchers, with 39 PhD students, and 9 scientists working on temporary positions of various projects. Research is developped on several key topics of the computer science with the help of an administrative and technical staff of 5 engineers and 5 assisting people. LIP members are highly involved in teaching within the University of Lyon.
The LIP is associated with the CNRS , the ENS Lyon, the INRIA and the UCB Lyon 1 (UMR CNRS - ENS Lyon - UCB Lyon 1 - INRIA 5668) and is part of MILYON (Laboratoire d'Excellence "Mathématiques et Informatique à Lyon").
The LIP is divided into teams:
- AriC (Arithmetic and Computing), project leader Jean-Michel Muller
- Avalon (Algorithms and Software Architectures for Distributed and HPC Platforms), project leader Christian Perez
- Compsys (Compilation and Embedded Computing Systems), project leader Alain Darte
- DANTE (Dynamic Network), project leader Eric Fleury
- MC2 (Models of computation, Complexity, Combinatorics), project leader Pascal Koiran
- PLUME (programs and proofs), project leader Patrick Baillot
- ROMA (Resource Optimization : Models, Algorithms and Scheduling), project leader Frédéric Vivien