Updated on January 18, 2022.
NB: All authentic information concerning the formalities for entering and leaving French territory, the documents and certificates required depending on the country of destination or origin, can be found on the website of the Ministry of the Interior (pages available in French and English).
The terms and conditions for authorising outgoing mobility and missions by the ENS de Lyon are aligned with the country classification and travel rules put in place by the government since June 9, 2021.
Map of health indicators as of January 7, 2022:
- Green and orange countries: Outgoing mobility and missions allowed as long as they meet the compelling reasons for leaving the territory and the rules for entering the destination country.
- Red countries: Possible missions and mobility subject to agreement Defence security official.
As the list of countries is regularly adapted according to the evolution of their epidemic situation, for the updated list, systematically refer to the page Travelling abroad on the Government website.
It is therefore imperative to check the conditions of access before any departure, to the country of destination, so, as not to be turned back on arrival as well as the measures taken by the Host University with regard to foreign students and researchers.
Students and staff are required:
- to be very careful, to comply with all preventive measures when travelling and as well as respect the health recommendations of local authorities;
- to register on Ariane to receive information and alerts taking into account the latest developments in the country;
- to check that their travel insurance covers the health risks associated with Covid-19.
International students and researchers who have been authorised to enter French territory and have complied with any isolation measures, are welcomed at ENS de Lyon under the same conditions as other students and researchers.
The conditions of entry into France according to the country of origin, the list of compelling reasons, travel certificates, necessary documents and possible isolation rules are available on the website of the Ministry of the Interior.
Other sites offering regularly updated information: