Students from China: to carry out a thesis or a doctoral research stay in ENS de Lyon's research laboratories. Call for PhD applications is open until February 15, 2022.
The program between the ENS group and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) recruits excellent doctoral students from all Chinese universities, or provides financial support for a Chinese doctoral student to carry out a research stay in a laboratory affiliated to one of the 4 ENS (Paris, Paris-Saclay, Lyon, Rennes). This program, renewed in 2020, can recruit up to 20 doctoral students per year in the ENS group (i.e. around 5 candidates per ENS and per year).
There are two kinds of CSC financial support, depending on the status of the candidate:
- Full PhD, thesis grant from 36 to 48 months:
- thesis with delivery of a single French diploma
- thesis in international co-tutelle (joint-PhD)
- Visiting PhD, research fellowship from 6 to 24 months: thesis with delivery of a single Chinses diploma in China, with invitation to carry out a research period in France.
Phase 1: Call for thesis proposals
From October 18 to November 15, 2021
The thesis topics proposed by the scientific holders:
- Regulation of inflammation (in vivo murine models and cell biology approaches) - Bénédicte PY
- The human interferon-induced transmembrane proteins as direct and indirect regulators of several classes of viruses - Andrea CIMARELLI
- Impact of polylysogeny on Lactiplantibacillus plantarum fitness and probiotic traits - Renata MATOS & François LEULIER
- Characterizing micronuclei diversity - Samir MERABET & Frédéric MARMIGERE
- Uncovering how the plasmacytoid dendritic cells sense and control SARS-CoV-2 infection - Marlène Dreux
Phase 2: Call for PhD applications
From November 22, 2021 to February 15, 2022
- Potential Chinese candidates contact the scientific team directly.
- The scientific teams contact the International Affairs Office (international.strategy [at] ens-lyon.fr) for the identified candidate.
- An inter-ENS committee sends the final list of candidates to CSC before the end of February 2021.
Phase 3: Final selection of candidates by CSC in China
Selected candidates apply on the CSC website
Applicants must specify that they are applying through the specific ENS-CSC program (合作渠道：与法国高师集团合作奖学金).
Phase 4: CSC results and Arrival in France
- Announcement of the results by CSC to ENS group at the end of June.
- CSC results will be communicated to scientific teams by the International Affairs Office (international.strategy [at] ens-lyon.fr) at the end of June.
- The host laboratory prepares the reception of the doctoral student for his arrival in France.
The selection criteria will take into account the quality of the application, the interest in the topic of research by the host laboratory in ENS Lyon, and in the existing cooperations with the home university candidates.