Open to :
- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-european students
- French: C1
The Ancient languages, literature and civilizations program of the Ancient Worlds Master’s degree aims to train specialists in Antiquity. Sound and distinctive knowledge of the subject is required.
Courses in both history and languages
- Common courses with the Ancient History program, which includes, more specifically, courses in ancient history and archaeology.
- Specialization in languages and literatures with mandatory courses in Latin and Greek and a choice of specialized seminars, on ancient literature and culture.
- Courses leading to other disciplines and courses in modern languages and Information and Communication Technologies for Education (specifically for Digital Antiquity).
- A mandatory training program and introduction to a dissertation on research work in Master’s 1 and writing a research thesis in Master’s 2 on Ancient Languages, Literature and/or Ancient Civilizations.
Part of the program taught in French / English
100% of the courses are taught in French
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Teaching in higher education and research, in France and abroad
- Teaching in high school
- Other careers in the public service (culture, history, administration) for which literature constitutes a very good initial training