- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-european students
- French: B2
The Chinese studies program focuses on improving the Chinese language levels of students during the Master’s 1 and 2 years, through lessons provided jointly by the teachers-researchers of the ENS de Lyon and the team of the Institute of East Asia (UMR 5062 of the CNRS).
Academic and sinological training
- Teaching conditions favoring intensive teaching in small groups: 12 hours of language courses per week on the two semesters of the Master’s 1 and the first semester of Master’s 2 for classes of up to 6 students.
- A wide choice of guidelines for Chinese Studies: Philosophy and Literature, Chinese law, China's economic and social history, urbanism, migration and demography, work sociology, political science, etc.
- The possibility of broadening the cultural horizon to other societies in the Asian world with initiations to the language and civilization of Japan and Vietnam.
- Research training in many disciplines of the humanities and social sciences in collaboration with the other sections and departments of the ENS de Lyon: Literature, Sociology, linguistics, philosophy, geography, history, cinematography, etc.
Part of the program taught in French / English
80% of the courses are taught in French, 20% in Chinese
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Teaching professions
- Researcher, teacher-researcher
- Professions in translation, publishing, journalism, animation and cultural management in organizations in France and abroad, and in large companies