- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-european students
- French: B2
The Evolution of Societies and Institutions program is part of the Social Sciences Master’s Degree. This progam is for students in social sciences who wish to acquire advanced research skills in the field of the historical evolution on governance of societies: from political institutions, to economic and social regulation processes and the construction of social groups.
Social phenomena from a historical and institutional viewpoint
The program addresses key governance issues in contemporary societies, for example:
- relations between state and civil society
- new forms of transnational governance
- the growing importance of organized action and the various forms of management
These issues will be considered from a broad historical point of view, based on new interdisciplinary fields of research such as the socio-historical field of politics, regulation economics, organizations sociology, etc.
Who is this program for?
This program is for students who have good basic training in history, sociology or political science. It provides them a deeper understanding of their discipline, through practice and high-level courses in related social sciences (sociology, political sciences, history, geography, anthropology, economy).
Part of the program taught in French / English
100% of the courses are taught in French
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Secondary school teachers and academics, researchers
- Senior civil servants and managers in the French and European public and private sector