- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-european students
- French: B2
The Germanic studies program trains specialists in linguistics, literature, history of ideas and Germanic civilization.
Solid training in German language and culture
- Proficiency in written and oral German, perfected through high level translation,
- Preparation for a future specialization in German language and/or culture
- Training in documentary methodology and research methodology
- A rich and extensive program
- Providing access to other disciplines in humanities
- Integration of new technologies and critical use of digital resources
- Personalized follow-up of each student through tutoring and the management of Master’s thesis ("Methodology thesis « in Master’s 1, specialized "Master's Thesis" in 2nd year of Master’s).
Within the framework of ERASMUS agreements or specific exchange programs with the School's partner universities, students go for at least one year to a foreign institution: either as a student, to perform part of his or her Master's degree, or as a language assistant, to gain teaching experience. Students working on the development of a research project can benefit from the agreement with the Marc Bloch Center in Berlin to attend research seminars.
Part of the program taught in French / English
80% of the courses are taught in French, 20% in German
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Teaching professions
- Researcher, teacher-researcher
- High level public sector position
- Careers in cultural co-operation institutions
- Translation and interpreting