- Applicants holding a Master's level degree
- EU/EEA students
- French: B2
- English: B2
The Smart cities and learning cities program -VIVA (Master’s 2 year) is a part of the multi-disciplinary Master’s in Cities and Urban environments.
Based on various disciplines (geography, sociology, statistics, history, geomatics) and with particular focus on geography and sociology, the Smart cities and learning cities program provides a new program focusing on the issues of digital cities. The program is based on scientific methodological learning.
Particularly focused on information and communication sciences, knowledge of engineering and IT, this program aims to train future experts in digital cities, with technical skills and a humanistic approach. The objective is to identify the issues of smart cities, based on the regulation of urban functions and using the flow of information and the generalization of sensors and connected objects, as well as using the urban environment as a structure capable of promoting collective and individual learning. The focus will be on the use of digital technologies to not only connect but to create links between people, to achieve "connected living" and to strengthen the capacity for action and representation of all contributors.
Objectives of the training
- Train professionals to develop original study/research devices combining quantitative analysis (big data or otherwise), spatial analysis and qualitative analysis (interviews/observations)
- Train professionals capable of producing high-level knowledge on urban lifestyles (e.g. mobility, neighborhoods, security, ageing of the population, etc.), spatial and social inequalities (e.g. housing, gentrification, public services, urban renewal) or on the issues of digital cities.
- Training in research through field surveys to increase knowledge and understanding in social sciences.
Part of the program taught in French / English
90% of courses are in French and 10% in English
You are an EU/EEA student
You are a non-european student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Departmental directors, project managers, division managers, international consultants... in the fields of territorial and urban strategies, forecasting, sustainable development, ecological transition, ...
- Territorial Manager, urban strategy, local housing programs.
- Rehabilitation Project and Urban heritage management, urban politics and urban renewal, social housing, rural planning, territorial transition, Agenda 21, ...
- Local development leader, heritage studies, smart cities, positive energy territories, life styles and solidarity, ...
- Project manager for regeneration of town centers, regional observatories.
- Urban engineers and research engineers.