- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-European students
- French: B2
- English: B2
The Advanced Mathematics program gradually becomes more specialized. It is research-oriented and offers students the possibility to pursue a PhD thesis.
The program is based at two laboratories of mathematics of the Université de Lyon: the Institute Camille Jordan (Université Lyon 1, INSA Lyon, École Centrale de Lyon, Université de Saint-Etienne), and the Unité de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées (École Normale Supérieure de Lyon).
An advanced program in mathematics
- 1st year: one semester of advanced courses then specialization during the second semester.
A 2-month training program during which the student explores some current research topics.
- 2nd year: choice between 3 courses in key areas of mathematics (Algebra, Arithmetic, Logics, Geometry, Topology, Analysis, PDEs, Scientiﬁc computations, Probabilities, Statistics).
A 4-month training program in a basic or applied research laboratory.
Depending on the scientific project of the student, the Master’s 2 may be carried out in a different university center.
Language of teaching
This program is taught in French or English, according to the students' needs.
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Work in research, teaching in high school and universities, and “classes préparatoires”
- Work in senior branches of the civil service (Grands corps de l’État) such as Mines, INSEE, IPEF…
- Dual courses in Mathematics and Engineering