- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-European students
- French: B2
The Earth and Planets Sciences program is part of the Master’s degree in Earth and Planet Science and the Environment (STPE). Some courses are shared with the program Paleontology, Sedimentology and Paleoenvironments.
This high-level course addresses issues and techniques of Earth Sciences with both theoretical and practical training:
- field geology (cartography, 3D digital models, sedimentology, volcanology, petrology, tectonics), seismic observations, research mini-projects and experimental studies (mineralogy, geochemistry…), training programs in laboratories;
- quantitative research approaches in physics and chemistry, including numerical and experimental modelling, applied to natural objects.
A 2-year program
- During the first year of the Master’s degree students must acquire scientific reasoning skills. The first semester is the same for both courses. During the second semester courses become more specialized. The second semester ends with a training program of at least 8 weeks (12 weeks for ENS students) in a research or R&D laboratory.
- During the second year of the Master’s program, students follow high-level specialized courses during the first semester. Then during the second semester, students are offered a research-oriented training program in a laboratory (5 to 6 months depending on the selected specialty).
Language of teaching
100% of this program is in French.
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Environmental geologists, PhD thesis, geologist-engineer, researcher and teacher-researcher in Earth Sciences