Diploma of the ENS de Lyon
For 2022, the diploma is opened only for :
- Computer sciences
- Earth sciences
The 4-year diploma of the ENS de Lyon is the common framework of the “nomalien” education.
As a result, all students admitted through the competitive entrance exam or through a file appliction must register for the ENS de Lyon diploma to complete a full training course at the School.
This course can be organized differently, depending on whether students holds 120 ECTS or 180 ECTS when they join the School.
If the student holds 120 ECTS: registration for the first-year diploma and mandatory validation of the 15 ENS credits in that first year and enrollment in the final year of a degree course (L3 in French) at a partner university on the School’s site.
If the student holds 180 ECTS, there are two options:
- Enrollment in the first year of the diploma and compulsory validation of the 15 ENS credits in this first year, followed by a year of training at the ENS de Lyon equivalent to 60 ECTS or registration in another final year degree course other than the student already holds, to build up the additional training necessary for his/her academic and professional project.
- Enrollment in the second year of the diploma and compulsory validation of the 15 ENS credits in the first year of the diploma and registration in the first year Masters degree (M1) according to a study plan validated by the ENS de Lyon.
- For students admitted for the ENS diploma on the basis of a file, to obtain “nomalien” student status.
- Applications on file for the ENS de Lyon diploma are subject to the decision of the admissions commission at the ENS de Lyon.
This application process concerns NON-EUROPEANS students.
NON-EUROPEANS students are students:
- who don't have the nationality of one of the countries of the European Economic Area (the 28 countries of the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein), or of Switzerland, Monaco and Andorra.
- who have obtained a higher education degree in a foreign country.
For French, European students or non-european students who have obtained a higher education degree in France, we invite you to follow the procedure described in the page Application for the ENS Diploma on record (from Bachelor 3rd year) - EU/EEA.
To apply for the 1st year diploma from the ENS de Lyon, applicants should:
- Justify an L2 registration (2nd year of degree) or a certificate of validation for the L2.
In the event of admission, you will need to justify an achievement of 120 ECTS, the following year.
- Applicants who have studied abroad will have to justify an equivalent level of L2.
To apply for the 2nd year of the ENS de Lyon diploma, applicants should:
- Justify having registered for L3 registration (3rd year of a degree) or a certificate validating L3. The application for integration in the 2nd year of the diploma is necessarily linked to an application in M1 at ENS de Lyon.
In the event of admission, it will be requested to justify an achievement of 180 ECTS, the following year.
- Applicants who have studied abroad will have to justify an equivalent L3 level.
To apply for both the 1st and the 2nd year of the ENS de Lyon diploma: two application files must be compiled and submitted.
- Complete and submit the online form
Call for application : from December 17, 2020 (at 2.00 pm, French time) to January 15, 2021 (at 11.59 pm, French time)
Apply directly on CADENS (only during the period indicated, otherwise your application would not be taken into account)
- Application review
All applications are reviewed by the admission committee of the ENS de Lyon. No results will be given by phone.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Results will be published on February on the online platform.
- Admissions and enrolment
If your application is accepted, you will receive a letter of pre-enrolment and the procedures to be followed for enrolment.
Information to prepare your stay in Lyon
For the 1st year of the diploma
|DISCIPLINES||Application opening||End of application||Results|
|Biosciences||December 18, 2021 (12 noon*)||January 16, 2022 (11.59 pm*)||February 18, 2022|
* Paris Time, France
For the 2nd year of the diploma
|MENTIONS||Application opening||End of application||Results|
>> More information
|December 18, 2021 (12 noon*)||January 16, 2022 (11.59 pm*)||February 2022|
>> More information
* Paris Time, France
Documents to be provided
Documents to be uploaded on the online form:
- All candidates must upload the following documents (official documents only):
- A certified transcript of your grades for your past and present studies, in French or in English
- Certified copies of university degrees, in French or English
- Copy of your passport or national ID card
- Cover letter
- Reference letter
- If you are applying for a Master’s program in the Arts, Humanities, Languages or Social Sciences: a summary of your research project in French (3 pages maximum)
- Certificate of Language Proficiency (French and/or English, depending on the areas) : All information about level and certificate of Language Proficiency can be found on this page
Incomplete files will not be considered.