Non-european students can apply for our Master's degrees (M1 or M2) depending on the quality of the candidate’s academic profile and motivation for research or/and teaching careers.
This application process concerns NON-EUROPEANS students.
NON-EUROPEANS students are students:
- who don't have the nationality of one of the countries of the European Economic Area (the 28 countries of the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein), or of Switzerland, Monaco and Andorra.
- who have obtained a higher education degree in a foreign country.
For French, European students or non-european students who have obtained a higher education degree in France, we invite you to follow the procedure described in the page Application for Master's degrees - EU/EEA.
- Students applying through this process will apply only for a Master's degree - they can not enroll to the "diploma of ENS de Lyon" (specific process).
- Applications are reviewed by the ENS de Lyon's admission committee.
- In each program description, the language profiency requirements (English and/or French) are mentioned: Academic programs.
To apply for the first year of a Master's program (M1), applicants should justify holding a L3 degree (Bachelor - 180 ECTS) or, for applicants who have studied abroad, an equivalent level.
To apply for the second year of a Master's program (M2), applicants should justify holding a M1 degree (240 ECTS) or, for applicants who have studied abroad, an equivalent level.
Please find below the application process:
- for students who are not European and who have obtained a higher education degree in a foreign country.
- for students who reside in a country concerned by the “Etudes en France” process
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: if you wish to apply to a Master's degree with the Excellence Scholarship, it would be possible in the same form. For more information, please refer to the information on the dedicated page.
Please note : All information regarding next academic year will be updated in December.
|STEPS||Countries affected by the "Etudes en France" (Studying in France) procedure||Other countries|
|1- Online entry of applications||
Academic programs are NOT opened on
You have to apply directly to the ENS de Lyon (link on the following column)
Opening dates for application: from December 1st, 2022 (noon, Paris time) to January 10, 2023 (23:59, Paris time)
Apply online (as from December, 1st 2022) - CLOSED
Next call will be open in December, 2023 for the academic year 2024-2025.
The attachments to support the application file are listed in the web application.
Here is the list of mandatory documents to provide:
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
|2- File review||Candidates' files are reviewed by the ENS de Lyon admissions commission. No decision will be communicated by phone.|
|3- Publication of results||The results of the admissions commission will be available in February 2023.|
|4- Confirmation of admission and registration||
Admitted applicants will receive an email giving them directions to register.