Arithmetic and Computing
The overall objective of AriC is, through computer arithmetic, to improve computing at large, in terms of performance, efficiency, and reliability.
- working from the high-level specification of a computation to the lower-level details of its implementation
- reconciling performance and numerical quality, both when building operators and when using existing operators
- developing the mathematical and algorithmic foundations of computing
- Floating-point computing
- Elementary functions
- Numerical validation and formal proof
- FPGA arithmetic
- Algorithms for Euclidean lattices, and their applications
- Exact linear algebra
- Computer algebra
- Number theory
AriC is a follow-up of the Arenaire project.