General Presentation of the LIP
LIP Computer Science laboratory gathers 57 permanent faculties and researchers, 40-50 PhD students and over 20 scientists working on temporary positions. The administrative and technical staff gathers 12 engineers and assisting people. Research is developped on a wide spectrum of key topics of computer and information sciences as well as on various inter-disciplinary initiatives. LIP main strength is the creative interaction between long-term fundamental research, innovative software/hardware design and shorter-term projects/transfers through industrial collaborations.
LIP members are highly involved in teaching within the University of Lyon.
The LIP is associated with the CNRS , the ENS Lyon, the INRIA and the UCB Lyon 1 (UMR CNRS - ENS Lyon - UCB Lyon 1 - INRIA 5668) and is part of MILYON (Laboratoire d'Excellence "Mathématiques et Informatique à Lyon").
The LIP is divided into teams:
- AriC (Arithmetic and Computing), team leader Bruno Salvy
- Avalon (Algorithms and Software Architectures for Distributed and HPC Platforms), team leader Christian Perez
- Compsys (Compilation and Embedded Computing Systems), team leader Alain Darte
- DANTE (Dynamic Network), team leader Eric Fleury
- MC2 (Models of computation, Complexity, Combinatorics), team leader Nicolas Trotignon
- PLUME (programs and proofs), team leader Patrick Baillot
- ROMA (Resource Optimization : Models, Algorithms and Scheduling), team leader Frédéric Vivien