Rémila60 - Mardi 28 mai 2019 : Conférence en l'honneur d'Éric Rémila pour ses 60 ans, au LIP, ENS de Lyon (France)
Organisateurs: Kevin Perrot et Nicolas Schabanel
Informations et inscription : https://remila60.sciencesconf.org/
General Presentation of the LIP
LIP Computer Science laboratory gathers 57 permanent faculties and researchers, 40-50 PhD students and over 20 scientists working on temporary positions. The administrative and technical staff gathers 12 engineers and assisting people. Research is developed on a wide spectrum of key topics of computer and information sciences as well as on various inter-disciplinary initiatives. LIP main strength is the creative interaction between long-term fundamental research, innovative software/hardware design and shorter-term projects/transfers through industrial collaborations.
LIP members are highly involved in teaching within the University of Lyon.
The LIP is associated with the CNRS , the ENS Lyon, the INRIA and the UCB Lyon 1 (UMR CNRS - ENS Lyon - UCB Lyon 1 - INRIA 5668) and is part of MILYON (Laboratoire d'Excellence "Mathématiques et Informatique à Lyon").
The Director is Patrick Baillot. The Associate Director is Frédéric Vivien. The Deputy Director in Charge of call for projects, research transfert and international affairs is Eddy Caron. The Deputy Director in Charge of PhD, teaching and non-permanent positions is Daniel Hirschkoff.
The LIP is divided into teams:
- AriC (Arithmetic and Computing), team leader Bruno Salvy
- Avalon (Algorithms and Software Architectures for Distributed and HPC Platforms), team leader Christian Perez
- CASH (Compilation and Analysis, Software and Hardware), team leader Matthieu Moy
- DANTE (Dynamic Network), team leader Paulo Gonçalves
- MC2 (Models of computation, Complexity, Combinatorics), team leader Michaël Rao
- PLUME (Programs and proofs), team leader Russell Harmer
- ROMA (Resource Optimization : Models, Algorithms and Scheduling), team leaders Loris Marchal and Frédéric Vivien