ICTAC - International Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Catalysis
- Domaine Saint Joseph
38 Allée Jean Paul II
69110 Ste-Foy-Lès-Lyon, France
Price : see website
The organizing committee cordially invites you to join us for the 18th edition of the International Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Catalysis (ICTAC). This series of biennial conferences started in 1986 in Lyon, France, and was hosted since then by several European cities and universities including Zakopane (Poland) in 2002 & 2016, Berlin (Germany) in 2006, Varna (Bulgaria) in 2008, Vlissingen (The Netherlands) 2012, London (UK) in 2014, but also recently by Asian and North-American countries with Matsuchima (Japan) in 2010 and Los Angeles (USA) in 2018. This edition chaired by Dr Carine Michel will be organized in France at Domaine Saint-Joseph, Sainte-Foy-lès-Lyon, close to Lyon city, on June 29th-July 2nd 2020, twenty years after the last French edition, which occurred at la Colle-Sur-Loup, in the nearby of Nice, in 2000.
The conference will be devoted mainly to recent advances in theory and modeling in catalysis, with a few selected presentations related to experiment in this research domain. Since its beginning, ICTAC aims to bring together young, confirmed and senior scientists from different communities including heterogeneous catalysis, electrocatalysis, photo-catalysis, homogeneous catalysis, and enzymatic catalysis, in an effort to promote exchange and collaboration between theoreticians but also with experimentalists.
A special care will furthermore be given to theoretical developments, concerning electronic structure theory, statistical mechanics, multiscale approaches and machine learning which pave the way to the modelling of complex catalytic systems in ever more realistic conditions.
In this 20th anniversary edition, invited lectures of high-caliber researchers will compose the scientific program together with a significant number of contributed talks and poster presentations.
- Dr Francesca Baletto, King’s College London, UK
- Dr Tomas Bucko, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Dr Heriberto Fabio Busnengo, Instituto de Fisica Rosario, Argentina
- Dr Luigi Cavallo, KAUST, Saoudi Arabia
- Dr Hanne Falsig, Haldor Topsøe, Lyngby, Denmark
- Pr Anatoly I. Frenkel, Stony Brook University, NY, USA
- Dr Veronica Ganduglia-Pirovano, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
- Dr Sophia Haussener, EPFL, Switzerland
- Pr Yousung Jung, KAIST, South Korea
- Pr Zhi-Pan Liu, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Pr Beatriz Roldan Cueyna, FHI, Berlin, Germany
- Pr Inaki Tunon, University of Valencia, Spain