The Physics & Chemistry training programme is open to foreign students, via a competitive entrance examination or the submission of an application dossier:
• Admission to the Licence 3 via competitive exam. The ENS Lyon entrance examination allows foreign students to enter the programme at the L3 level. Visit the Institutionnal website.
• Admission to the Licence 3 via application file. The procedure is the same as for French students. However applications must be received as soon as possible to avoid visa issues. Consult the L3 application procedure.
• Admission to the Master's programme via application . Applications are centralized by the International Mobility Office of ENS Lyon. Consult the M1 application procedure.
Each year, a few study scholarships are awarded foreign students, based upon the excellence of their academic dossier. Consult the scholarship application procedure and results on the institutionnal website ...
All modules offered by the Physics & Chemistry training programme are accessible within the framework of international exchange programmes (Erasmus, bilateral agreements, etc.). Validated Physics & Chemistry programme courses are recognized by the foreign student's home university, but they do not allow the student to obtain a Physics & Chemistry Master's degree from ENS Lyon.
To facilitate your arrival and integration at ENS, the International Mobility Office, the Language Centre and ASSET (foreign student association of ENS Lyon) offer foreign students:
• Personalized "reception days" the last week of August and in early September, thanks to ASSET welcomers.
• A dedicated reception desk, to see to all of your administrative procedures at a single location (registration, residence permit, bank account, etc.).
• An intensive French course at the beginning of each semester, combining discovery of the city of Lyon and sustained practice of the French language.
• Weekly French classes for all levels, using fun, unique methods: writing workshops, theatre, etc.
• And all year long, cultural outings and social gatherings (start-of-the-year cocktail, international buffet, Melting Pot evenings, Cinémonde, etc.).
For more détails see theinstitutionnal website.