Students can join the ENS de Lyon for one or two semesters as part of an exchange program with their home university:
- Bilateral agreements
- ORA (Ontario)
- BCI (Quebec)
More than 190 partner universities in 40 countries, including East China Normal University, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Sao Paulo University, University of Ottawa or University of Tokyo.
- Online entry of applications on the CADENS web application.
The international coordinator of your department can help you choose your course options.
Note: To log in, please use the email address indicated by your university.
- File review: Candidates' files are reviewed by the international coordinators. They accept or not each application.
- Publication of results: The results will be available on the CADENS web application. Each candidate will need to log onto the app to see their results.
- Confirmation of admission and registration: Admitted applicants will have download their admission letter on the CADENS web application. This document is necessary for non-europeans students to get a visa.
Please consult information about visa and and health insurance:
Practical information to prepare your stay
ENS de Lyon' Erasmus Code: F LYON103.
Procedure for students concerned by the CEF procedure to prepare visa application:
If your country of residence is concerned by the CEF procedure (Center for studies in France) - a common online process for a bout 30 countries - you have to register on Campus France.
Once registered, you will be given a registration number. Please pass this on to us.
Choose the "I've been accepted" menu (as a student on a university exchange programme) in order to prepare your visa application.
1st semester (September - January) or full year
|2nd semester (January - June)|
|Application period||For an arrival in September:
applications are opened from April 13 to May 15.
|For an arrival in January:
applications are opened from October 26 to November 16.
Documents to be provided
All documents must be uploaded on the web application:
- Your grades and results for this year and last year
- A copy of your identity card or passport
- A cover letter
- A resume
- If you are applying to courses in the arts and humanities: a certification of your level in French (DALF, DELF, TCF). or a document from your University stating that you satisfy the required language requirements
- If you are applying to courses in exact sciences (depending on the discipline): a certification of your level in French AND/OR in English (IELTS test or TOEFL) or a document from your University stating that you satisfy the required language requirements.
Helpful links: please see below the link to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR):
Enrollment at ENS de Lyon
- To confirm your enrollment and to obtain your student card, the ENS Office of International Affairs will call you in for an appointment to which you will need to bring some documents.
Information to prepare your stay
- Once your enrollment is completed, you must contact the international coordinator of your department to finalise your course options, and the Department secretary to know all about your schedule.