Students can join the ENS de Lyon for one or two semesters as part of an exchange program with their home university:
- Bilateral agreements
- ORA (Ontario)
- BCI (Quebec)
To prepare your stay, you can find the courses here.
Step 1: Online application
For the 1st semester or the academic year: from April 13 to May 15
For the 2nd semester: from October 26 to November 16
Note: to connect you, thank you to use the address email indicated by your university
The international coordinator of your department can help you choose your course options.
Documents to upload :
- Your grades and results for this year and last year
- A copy of your identity card or passport
- A cover letter
- A resume
- If you are applying to courses in the arts and humanities: a certification of your level in French (DALF, DELF, TCF). European language levels - Self Assessment Grid
- If you are applying to courses in exact sciences: a certification of your level in French AND in English (IELTS test or TOEFL). If you don't speak French, thank you to join a letter explaining this point.
Save and submit the online application.
Procedure for students concerned by the CEF procedure to prepare visa application:
If your country of residence is concerned by the CEF procedure (Center for studies in France) - a common online process for a bout 30 countries - you have to register on Campus France.
Once registered, you will be given a registration number. Please pass this on to us.
Choose the "I've been accepted" menu (as a student on a university exchange programme) in order to prepare your visa application.
Step 2 : Results
Your application will be evaluated by the international coordinator of your department.
The international coordinator accepts or not your application.
The result will be communicated on the online platform.
Step 3 : Enrolling at ENS de Lyon
- To confirm your enrollment and to obtain your student card, the ENS Office of International Affairs will call you in for an appointment to which you will need to bring some documents.
Information to prepare your stay
- Once your enrollment is completed, you must contact the international coordinator of your department to finalise your course options, and the Department secretary to know all about your schedule.
Deadline for application :
- from April 13 to May 15 (online application) for students who wish to study for the first semester or the full academic year
- from October 15 to November 15 (online application) for those who wish to study for the second semester