Students can join the ENS de Lyon for one or two semesters as part of an exchange program with their home university:
- Bilateral agreements
- ORA (Ontario)
- BCI (Quebec)
Step 1: Online application
- Complete the online form.
The international coordinator of your department can help you choose your course options.
Documents to upload :
- Your grades and results for this year and last year
- A copy of your identity card or passport
- If you are applying to courses in the arts and humanities: a certification of your level in French.
- If you are applying to study exact sciences: a certification of your level in French AND in English.
- Download the learning agreement in pdf, print it and provide the signature of your home university.
- Save and submit the online application.
- If your application is accepted, you will receive a letter of admission – which non-EU citizens will need to obtain a student visa.
- Procedure for students concerned by the CEF procedure to prepare visa application:
If your country of residence is concerned by the CEF procedure (Center for studies in France) - a common online process for a bout 30 countries - you have to register on Campus France.
Once registered, you will be given a registration number. Please pass this on to us.
Choose the "I've been accepted" menu (as a student on a university exchange programme) in order to prepare your visa application.
Step 2: Enrolling at ENS de Lyon
- To confirm your enrollment and to obtain your student card, the ENS Office of International Affairs will call you in for an appointment to which you will need to bring some documents.
Information to prepare your stay
- Once your enrollment is completed, you must contact the international coordinator of your department to finalise your course options, and the Department secretary to know all about your schedule.
Deadline for application :
- by April 27th (online application) for students who wish to study for the first semester or the full academic year
- by October 30th (online application) for those who wish to study for the second semester