SFR Biosciences is a departmental unit (UMS3444/US8) which brings together, in 4 different divisions, a set of technical platforms for the benefit of the scientific community.
The 4 divisions are:
- Animal Science
- From the cell to the body
- Protein Science
- Cellular and Genetic Technologies
Equipment for these platforms can be found on the different sites of ENS de Lyon:
- Experimental Biology on Mice (PBES)
- Imaging Techniques Platform/Microscopy (PLATIM)
- Experimental Screening Research In vivo Platform (PRECI)
- Technical heritage platform
- Genetic Analysis and Vectorology Platform (AGV)
SFR Biosciences technical platforms participate in approved projects at a national level. The objective of SFR Biosciences is to promote a scientific and technological site policy for the biology research units located on the Charles Mérieux campus.
This Federative Structure currently includes 8 contributing units working in different fields of research covering the major fields of biology:
- Cellular Biology
- Plant Biology
- Biochemistry of proteins
- Structural Biology
- Molecular evolution
- Genomics of organisms
The SFR Biosciences works by pooling resources providing technical platforms for the researchers of the site, and for the community of academic or industrial researchers in France.