Visit to India
Following the signature of a framework agreement between the ENS de Lyon and the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune during a state visit in India (January 24-26, 2016), a delegation has returned to Pune to work on the details of this cooperation.
Among the members of the delegation were Jean-François Pinton (president of the ENS de Lyon), Yanick Ricard (vice-president for research), Damien Stehlé (math lecturer and special advisor to the vice-president for studies) and Jean-Louis Duclos (director of international affairs).
This visit aimed to define the practical details of the research programs, curricula and exchanges that the framework agreement encompasses:
- A 3-month student exchange programme
- A 1-to-3 month exchange programme for teachers/researchers
- 10-day courses / seminars by a visiting teacher/researcher from the partner institution
- Launch of a joint doctoral programme
- French lessons at IISER Pune given by ENS de Lyon students
The first steps towards this agreement were made during the visit of an IISER Pune delegation to the ENS de Lyon in November 2015.
Besides IISER Pune, the delegation visited:
- the National Film Archive of India in Pune,
- and in Delhi: the French Institute in India, at Jawaharlal Nehru University, to consolidate a deal in the field of social and human sciences, and at the Franco-Indian Center for the Promotion of Advanced Research (CEFIPRA).
IISER Pune (read the article relating the visit on its website)
National Film Archive of India
Jawaharlal Nehru University