Lunar New Year 2020: Women's Trajectories and Social Change in Vietnam
5pm - 10pm
As each year, ENS de Lyon and the Institute of East Asian Studies (IAO in French) will celebrate the new lunar year 農曆新年, which falls in 2020 under the sign of the Rat.
Women's Trajectories and Social Change in Vietnam
On the occasion of the advent of the Year of the Rat of Metal, the East Asia Institute proposes a two-part focus on a Vietnamese society in full mutation.
Three trajectories of women from three regions and three different generations will punctuate the first part of the evening through three documentaries from the Varan workshops in Hanoi. In the second part, Phan Dang Di's second feature film will explore a chronicle of the 1990s in the south of the country in which the violence of social relationships blends with the sensuality of bodies and the new individual assertions of youth.
5:00 pm: Lunar New Year greetings from Béatrice Jaluzot followed by a presentation of the films by Tatiana Tepliashina and François Guillemot.
- P.A. by Phan Huynh Trang (2006, 42 min)
- Mother's gone to town by Tran Thi Cuc Phuong city (2010, 31 min)
- Ba to truong by Dung Hoang (2009, 42 min)
7:30 pm: Intermission
8:00 pm: Mekong Stories by Phan Dang Di (2016, 1h42)
- Béatrice Jaluzot, Director of the IAO
- Tatiana Tepliashina, Master's degree in Anthropology, Université Lumière Lyon 2
- François Guillemot, historian, research engineer at the CNRS, IAO
Entrance is free, but inscription is required