- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-European students
- French: B2
- Chinese: L3 or equivalent. HSK4
- Master's degree (1st year)
- Master's degree (2nd year)
The Chinese studies program offers optimal conditions for intensive teaching in small groups: 12 hours of language courses per week throughout the whole first year of Master 1 and the first term of Master 2, for classes of 8 students at most.
Academic and sinological training
- A training in several areas students can explore within the geographical and linguistic frame of Chinese studies: philosophy, classical and contemporary literature, Chinese Law, China's economic and social history, urbanism, migration and demography, work sociology, political science, etc.
- The possibility is also offered of broadening one’s cultural horizon to other societies in the Asian world with introductory classes to the language and civilization of Japan and Vietnam.
- The “séminaires libres” are designed to enable students to follow a specific training in in many disciplines of the humanities and social sciences in collaboration with other departments of ENS de Lyon: literature, economics, sociology, linguistics, philosophy, geography, history.
- Conventions with top-ranked universities in China (Beida, Fudan, East China Normal University) give the possibility of spending one semester in China (during the year of Master 2) or a whole year between Master 1 and Master 2.
Download the curriculum
Language of teaching
80% of this program is in French, 20% in Chinese.
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Teaching professions
- Researcher, teacher-researcher
- Professions in translation, publishing, journalism, animation and cultural management in organizations in France and abroad, and in large companies