- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-European students
- French: C1
- Master's degree (1st year)
- Master's degree (2nd year)
The Modern litterature program offers high-level training to pursue a PhD.
Advanced general courses
This course associates three options:
- French literature
- French language
- Comparative literature and literature from French-speaking countries
This training makes it possible for students to choose opportunities in long-term research, with an excellent understanding of what this entails, while improving their chances at competitive entrance examinations.
The students can specialize in one of the three options through:
- writing two research theses (shorter in M1, then more advanced in M2),
- a choice of seminars corresponding to the option chosen,
- being part of one of the partner research teams (IHRIM, HiSoMa, CIHAM, ICAR, CERCC).
Download the curriculum
Language of teaching
100% of this program is in French.
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Teaching in higher education and research, in France and abroad
- Teaching in high school
- Other careers in the public service (culture, history, administration) for which literature constitutes a very good initial training