Chinese students, applications for the CSC-ENS 2024 doctoral scholarships will be open from December 15, 2023.
The program between the ENS group and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) recruits excellent doctoral students from all Chinese universities, or provides financial support for a Chinese doctoral student to carry out a research stay in a laboratory affiliated to one of the 4 ENS (Paris, Paris-Saclay, Lyon, Rennes). This program can recruit up to 20 doctoral students per year in the ENS group (i.e. around 5 candidates per ENS and per year).
There are two kinds of CSC financial support, depending on the status of the candidate:
- Full PhD, thesis grant from 36 to 48 months:
- thesis with delivery of a single French diploma
- thesis in international co-tutelle (joint-PhD)
- Visiting PhD, research fellowship from 6 to 24 months: thesis with delivery of a single Chinses diploma in China, with invitation to carry out a research period in France.
Phase 1: Call for thesis proposals
From October 20 to November 20, 2023
Thesis topics proposed by scientific leaders will be available below by early December.
Phase 2: Call for PhD applications
From December 15, 2023 to February 16, 2024
- Potential Chinese candidates contact the scientific team directly.
- The scientific teams contact the Office of International Affairs Office for the identified candidate.
- An inter-ENS committee sends the final list of candidates to CSC before the end of February 2024.
Phase 3: Final selection of candidates by CSC in China
Selected candidates apply on the CSC website
Applicants must specify that they are applying through the specific ENS-CSC program (合作渠道：与法国高师集团合作奖学金).
Phase 4: CSC results and Arrival in France
- Announcement of the results by CSC to ENS group at the end of June.
- CSC results will be communicated to scientific teams by the International Affairs Office (international.strategy [at] ens-lyon.fr) at the end of June.
- The host laboratory prepares the reception of the doctoral student for his arrival in France.
The selection criteria will take into account the quality of the application, the interest in the topic of research by the host laboratory in ENS de Lyon, and in the existing cooperations with the home university candidates.