- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-European students
- French: C1
- Master's degree (1st year)
- Master's degree (2nd year)
The Music on stage program offers a musicological training open to artistic interdisciplinarity. The training has a fundamental research dimension: beyond an introduction to musicological research in general, in all the diversity of its methodologies, this program focuses particularly on the performative dimension of music, the question of musical practices, and compositions for theater, opera or cinema.
The training also places an important place in applied musicology: it places students in a situation of application and experimentation through practice, through masterclasses, and thanks to strong institutional partnerships with various musical institutions, first and foremost the Lyon Opera House, it involves students in various musicological work, dramaturgical or critical writing, and musical mediation.
This Master's course also gives students the opportunity to follow courses at Lumière University Lyon 2 and the Lyon Conservatoire National de Musique et de Danse.
Download the curriculum
Language of teaching
100% of this program is in French.
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Professions in research, secondary and higher education: disciplinary training combined with a multi-artistic training in the Arts allows for a broad and renewed practice of disciplinary research. It also includes an openness to creative research.
- Professions of applied musicology: training through modules that are both practical and knowledge of the working world trains students in dramaturgy, criticism, programming, and communication in public institutions for the production and information on the Arts.