Non-european students can apply for our Master's degrees (M1 or M2) depending on the quality of the candidate’s academic profile and motivation for research or/and teaching careers.
This application procedure concerns NON-EUROPEANS students.
NON-EUROPEANS students are students:
- who don't have the nationality of one of the countries of the European Economic Area (the 27 countries of the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein), or of Switzerland, Monaco and Andorra.
- who have obtained a higher education degree in a foreign country.
For French, European students or non-European students who have obtained a higher education degree in France, we invite you to follow the procedure described in the page Application for Master's degrees - EU/EEA.
[Ces informations sont disponibles en français à cette page.]
- Applications on record are subject to the decision of the ENS de Lyon admissions commission.
- International students (European and non-European) can apply through the Excellence Scholarship of the ENS de Lyon and its partners. Find out more
- In each program description, the language profiency requirements (English and/or French) are mentioned. See Academic programs
- Before starting your application, please read the whole procedure and consult the courses. See Master programs
To apply for the first year of a Master's program (M1), applicants should justify holding a L3 degree (Bachelor - 180 ECTS) or, for applicants who have studied abroad, an equivalent level.
To apply for the second year of a Master's program (M2), applicants should justify holding a M1 degree (240 ECTS) or, for applicants who have studied abroad, an equivalent level.
Please find below the application process:
- for students who are not European and who have obtained a higher education degree in a foreign country.
- for students who reside in a country concerned by the “Etudes en France” process
IMPORTANT: If you wish to apply to a Master's degree with the Excellence Scholarship, it would be possible in the same form. For more information, please refer to dedicated page.
Please note : All information regarding next academic year will be updated in December.
|STEPS||Countries affected by the "Etudes en France" (Studying in France) procedure||Other countries|
|1- Online entry of applications||
Academic programs are NOT opened on "Études en France" Platform (CampusFrance)
You have to apply directly to the ENS de Lyon (link on the following column)
Opening dates for application: from December 1st, 2022 (noon, Paris time) to January 10, 2023 (23:59, Paris time)
Apply online (as from December, 1st 2022) - CLOSED
Next call will be open in December, 2023 for the academic year 2024-2025.
The attachments to support the application file are listed in the web application.
Here is the list of mandatory documents to provide:
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
|2- File review||Candidates' files are reviewed by the ENS de Lyon admissions commission. No decision will be communicated by phone.|
|3- Publication of results||The results of the admissions commission will be available in February 2023.|
|4- Confirmation of admission and registration||
Admitted applicants will receive an email giving them directions to register.