Call for applications for international doctoral students - 2023/2024.
Deadline: June 30, 2023, 12:00 am (Paris time)
International doctoral students can apply for the "doctoral co-funding programme" of ENS de Lyon.
This programme can provide a co-funding (50% maximum) of the amount required for enrolment in a doctoral program at ENS de Lyon.
- The applicant must benefit from an external co-financing such as: government funded scholarships (French or other) or scholarships provided by foreign universities, of a minimum amount equal to 50% of SMIC.
- The applicant must be enrolled in doctoral studies at École normale supérieure de Lyon during next academic year.
- The applicant must submit the application.
Complete applications must be submitted before June 30, 2023, 12:00 noon (French time)
To Halima Halimi - Descartes campus - scientist.mobility [at] ens-lyon.fr
Please submit the following documents with your application:
• Application form completed and signed by the applicant
• Proof that external co-funding has been obtained or applied for
• A cover letter by the candidate in support of the application
• A letter or an email by the Thesis Supervisor - ENS de Lyon with his/her reasoned opinion about this application
• A letter or an email by the Doctoral School Director in Lyon stating his/her reasoned opinion about this application
- Applications will be examined by the selection commission in July
- The number of awarded scholarships will depend on the available budget
- Priority will be given to Joint PhDs.
Conditions of co-funding
Please note that in the case of external co-financing, the required monthly financing amount to enroll at ENS de Lyon is equal to SMIC (minimum wage).
- In the case of internationally joint PhD (cotutelles internationales) involving alternate stays between ENS de Lyon and an institution in another country, the ENS de Lyon co-funding will only be paid during the months of stays at ENS de Lyon, for a maximum duration of 2 years.
- In the case of a (non joint) PhD, the co-funding is granted for the duration of the doctoral program (3 years maximum).
- In case of extension of the thesis, please liaise directly with your laboratory. A new co-funding application can be submitted.