ENS de Lyon PhD students day 2023
8.30 am - 4.30 pm
- Monod Campus - Mérieux Auditorium
- Morning information session: auditorium
- Afternoon meeting session: atrium
Place de l'École
For the first time in 2023, ENS de Lyon organise a welcome day for PhD students, which will take place on Thursday, December 14, 2023 at Charles Mérieux Auditorium.
Mandatory for all newcomers hired by ENS de Lyon, the welcome day is opened to all PhD students, regardless of the year of PhD nor the employer (registration required).
A morning information session and an afternoon meeting session with ENS de Lyon’s staff, PhD students and post-docs.
Morning information session
8:30 am - Welcome coffee
9:00 am - Vice-Presidents Welcome
- Research at ENS de Lyon (by the Vice-Presidency for Research)
- The Institution where you are enrolled in PhD (by the Vice-presidency for Studies, PhD Office)
- Bibliothèque Diderot de Lyon, a library for PhD students (by library staff)
10:10 pm - Round table on the doctoral charter (with PhD students, post-docs, thesis supervisors)
11:10 am - Break
- Occupational health and safety (Occupational Health and Safety Department and Gender equality advisors)
- PhD students employed by ENS de Lyon: support from the Human Resources Department (HR Department, Teachers, Researchers and Normaliens Office)
12:40 pm - Lunch
Afternoon meeting session
2.00 - 4.30 pm
Stands open throughout the afternoon, unless otherwise indicated
Bibliothèque Diderot de Lyon (ENS de Lyon Library)
- Thesis submission: issues of electronic submission, title page, Star application...
- Open science: presentation of the passport to open science for PhD students, research identifiers, open archives...
- Descartes and Monod campus tours - on registration (via the event registration form)
- Visibility guide: how to organize an event, publicize your work, take part in the Fête de la Science (Science festival)...
Department presentation: audiovisual, digital image processing, graphic design, reprography
PhD students and post-docs
- Organization and procedures of the individual thesis monitoring committee
- Exchanges with experienced PhD students (Sciences and Humanities)
- End-of-thesis options: Temporary teaching and research assistants (ATER), post-doc
Human Resources (Teachers, Researchers and Normaliens Office)
- 2:00-2:30 pm. Leave in the event of illness, maternity, paternity or workplace accident
- 2:30-3:00 pm. International student: my social security number and work permit
- 3:00-3:30 pm. Health insurance and home-work transport reimbursements
- 3:30-4:00pm. I am a PhD student, can I combine my work and studies? Presentation made in tandem with a PhD student
- 4:00-4:30 pm. I am a PhD student and “agrégé/certifié” trainee: my internship and future tenure
Health and prevention
Occupational Risk Prevention Department
- How to fill out an individual risk exposure sheet (hazardous chemical agents, laser, radioactivity)
- Did you say pictograms?
- Working on screen during the doctorate
- I am a PhD student in another institution. How to contact my occupational doctor?
- Managing your time to enjoy your doctorate more serenely: co-presented with a PhD student.
Student health department
- Discover the health workshops (stress management, discussion groups for PhD students, mental health, etc.) offered by the department throughout the year.
- Discover mindfulness meditation.
- Game: "no-nonsense sexism"
- Apply for workstation accommodations
- Participate in educational and digital accessibility
Vice-Presidency for Studies (PhD Office)
- First PhD registration/PhD re-enrollment
- Thesis Defense projects
Vice-Presidency for Studies and Office of International Affairs
- International thesis co-supervision
- Moving to Lyon and living on the ENS de Lyon campus as a scientist
Vice-Presidency for Research
- How to set up a junior laboratory
- Financing and promoting your research
- ENS de Lyon’s staff
- PhD students