- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-European students
- English: C1
- Master's degree (1st year)
- Master's degree (2nd year)
The Computer Science program at ENS de Lyon is primarily focused on the fundamental aspects of computer science and aims at preparing students to research in computer science. Very solid foundations in mathematics and theoretical computer science are required.
A 2-year course
Master 1 (1st year):
- Courses of the first semester are mainly fundamental courses: Quantum computing, Performance evaluation, Compilers and program analysis, Parallel and distributed computation, Optimization and approximation.
- A larger spectrum of courses is offered during the second semester, enabling students to start to specialize. The courses are followed by a 12-week research internship.
Master 2 (2nd year):
- During the first semester, students can choose from twenty courses that are frequently renewed and cover a wide range of fields in computer science research. Together with the Physics department, Computer Science offers a specialization in Complex Systems.
- During their second semester, students take part in a research-oriented training program.
Language of teaching
100% of this program is in English.
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Researcher and teacher-researcher in computer science
- Engineer in Research and Development
- Managers in French and international universities and state-of-the-art industrial laboratories