- Applicants holding an undergraduate degree (Bachelor)
- EU/EEA students
- Non-European students
- French: B2
- English: B2
- Master's degree (1st year)
- Master's degree (2nd year)
The Advanced Mathematics program gradually becomes more specialized. It is research-oriented and offers students the possibility to pursue a PhD thesis.
The program is based at two laboratories of mathematics of the Université de Lyon: the Institute Camille Jordan (ICJ | Université Lyon 1/ INSA Lyon / École Centrale de Lyon / Université de Saint-Étienne), and the Pure and Applied Mathematics Unit (UMPA | ENS de Lyon / CNRS / Inria).
An advanced program in mathematics
- 1st year: one semester of advanced courses then specialization during the second semester.
A 2-month training program during which the student explores some current research topics.
- 2nd year: choice between 3 courses in key areas of mathematics (Algebra, Arithmetic, Logics, Geometry, Topology, Analysis, PDEs, Scientiﬁc computations, Probabilities, Statistics).
A 4-month training program in a basic or applied research laboratory.
Depending on the scientific project of the student, the Master’s 2 may be carried out in a different university center.
Language of teaching
Courses in English if there are enough international students.
You are an EU/EEA student
What next ?
Career opportunities after this course
- Work in research, teaching in high school and universities, and “classes préparatoires”
- Work in senior branches of the civil service (Grands corps de l’État) such as Mines, INSEE, IPEF…
- Dual courses in Mathematics and Engineering